We had a whole day with no rain yesterday. But it start again this morning. We are suppose to get rain until later tomorrow. I know we need it but I think people need to be careful what they ask for because now there are flooding concerns and such.
Went yesterday to find the flooring we wanted. No luck. So this morning I went to a different place the installer told me about and found what I wanted. He decided to go ahead and pull up the old floor and place the new boarding today and then finish up putting the floor down tomorrow so it should be done by tomorrow night :D. I asked him what about the rain and he says it should not effect his work being he is inside so if that is true this is great! Just doing the Living Room & Hall. Then in November we will be doing the Bathroom & Kitchen, and in March the Master Bed Room & Bathroom :D!
Hopefully have a camera this afternoon and can start back posting recipes! Have a great hump day everyone!
God Bless You,
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Posted by Khloey's Mommy at 2:06 PM
Monday, September 27, 2010
The first day of Fall was September 22nd but it did not feel like fall at all here. I think we were in the mid to high 90's BLAH! But I am happy to announce the it is looking up for us! It has been raining here sense about 5ish Yesterday afternoon and not suppose to be letting up til mid day tomorrow then calling for another round on Wednesday :D! I am loving it:D! With temps ranging upper 70's to low 80's this week its going to be a great!
We have a lot of things to look forward to here in the Koehler house hold! Starting October 2nd my husband will be on Vacation for 9 whole DAYS! Also on the 2nd is our Annual Roadry Parade & Fair here in our town! Starting with a Parade at 10:30 and Continuing with Great food, Music, Booth's, Rides, and LOTS of FUN! This will be Khloey's 1st because that time last year we were in Nebraska visiting my in law's :D! Can't wait to share all the fun and excitement with her!
Also some other fun events coming up in the month of October is 3rd getting our carpet ripped up and laying laminate flooring in the living room, hall, & bathroom:)---- 10th our Annual Church Harvest Day---- 24th is our Annual Church Trunk or Treat :)!
I am sure you all have some great plans from now until the first of the year! I love this time of year great once a year recipes, lots of family time, great weather, I mean how can you not enjoy it.
On another note I wanted to let you all know that I will be posting some blogs this week but no recipes because I have not camera. My camera got messed up so when I get another hopefully by Friday I can then start posting recipes again! I know I could post without picture but I believe that the pictures help so much and I rather now post without the pictures!
I hope everyone is well! Feel free to comment would love to hear of the plans you and your family are having in the month of October :D!
God Bless You & Your Family's,
Posted by Khloey's Mommy at 1:43 PM
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Well I got this from my Aunt! She has made it for years and I just now got the recipe from her! It is so yummy! Must try this!
Broccoli & Cheese Casserole
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
1 Cup MINUTE White Rice (about two bags)
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, cooked, well drained (Next time I will use 2 medium head of FRESH Broccoli, cooked, & Drained *I just love fresh so much better)
1 cup CHEEZ WHIZ (which is about 1/2 of a 15oz jar)
*You can put bread crumbs on top if you want but I decided not too*
1. Cook Onion in skillet w/ butter til tender. Then set aside.
2. Melt Soup & Cheez Whiz together.
3. Mix soup & cheese mixture w/ onions & cooked broccoli. Then Pour over rice in casserole dish. Stir Well.
4.Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly & rice is cooked.
:( SO again no after picture! I don't know why I keep forgetting! But this was heaven in a casserole dish! We served with Baked BBQ Chicken YUMMM!
Also wanted to share this with you! I learned this from Tyler Florence. Brineing Chicken makes it taste AMAZING and SOOOO Juicey! So before I do any of my chicken now I brine it over night!
For Fried Chicken-
Water (enough to cover chicken)
Salt (ALOT I done a hand full and a half)
For BBQ Chicken-
Brown Sugar (Hand full)
Posted by Khloey's Mommy at 3:14 PM
I got this from some Copycat website I can not remember the name of it to save my life! Enjoy!
Taco Bell Quesadillas
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 dash salt
4 flour tortillas
4 Roasted Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast or Thighs (I used thighs)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
1. Roast chicken Breast, Allow to cool, & Dice:
----- HOW I ROAST MY CHICKEN BREAST -----
* Place chicken on baking sheet
* Drizzle with Olive Oil and Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and McCormick Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning (instead of this you could use poultry seasoning or just salt and pepper)
* Bake 350 20 to 25 Min's or until juices run clear
2. Spread sauce on tortilla's
3. Sprinkle with cheese's & Add Chicken
4. Cook in a hot skillet or hot griddle sprayed with cooking spray
5. Fold in have and toast both sides! Serve with a little more sauce on top if you prefer!
NO FINISHED PICTURE :(! We were so darn excited that once they were done we kinda just gobbled them up! They were soooo good! Not just like Taco Bell's but so close it was scary!
Posted by Khloey's Mommy at 2:52 PM
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
I will start back posting Next week! I have lots of recipes to share with you all but my uncle passed this week and things are just very hectic and sad right now! Hope everyone is well.
Posted by Khloey's Mommy at 10:23 AM
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
I got this recipe from Eat at Home.
I made just two changes. No soy sauce. & White rice not brown!
* 2 lbs Chicken (Boneless Skinless is best)
* 1 onion chopped
* 1 1/2 teaspoons of olive oil or butter
* 2 cans cream of chicken soup (Low sodium, so you can control the salt)
* salt & black pepper, to taste
* Rice (I used white minute rice)
1. Throw Onion's, Olive Oil, Chicken, & Cream of Chicken soup. Okay you will see I used leg quarters, that I skinned. This is all I had on hand. It was delicious but I found myself finding bits of bones so if you can use BONELESS SKINLESS. Next time I am going to use a mixture of Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs and Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast. Little bit of dark little bit of white. You choose what works best for you.
2. Cook for 6-8 hours on low. Or 4-6 hours on high. Serve with Biscuits and A veggie. We had my moms homemade butter milk biscuits and green beans. Tried to get the recipe for everyone but she does not measure she just uses a hand full a this a splash of that!
And for dessert we have done this sense I was little. Take a homemade butter milk biscuit of biscuit of your choice. Pipping hot out the oven, cut in half, spread a little butter, and drizzle with KING SYRUP! DELICIOUS!
Posted by Khloey's Mommy at 1:24 PM
Monday, September 6, 2010
I hope everyone has had a great and safe Labor Day weekend. We had a pretty good weekend. I had Savanah and Melanie until Sunday morning. They are my cousins kids I consider them my nieces tho being I am an only child that's as close as I can get. Friday we went over to a friends house had supper and swam but of course something unexpected had to happen right? Well I was not planning on swimming changed my mind last min and got in with my clothes on lol. About 30 minutes in I notice my darn cell phone is in my pocket :/. So its in Cell Phone heaven along with the other 12 billion I have messed up. Not to mention I have only had this phone 3 months :/. Anyways lol. Saturday we went to Monkey Joe'sand had a little Bon-Fire Saturday night, roasted hot dogs and marshmallows boy did the kids enjoy that.
My hubby is off to work today so we are just being lazy souls while Khloey naps. I have some recipes to look froward to.
- Tonight I am making a Broccoli & Cheese Rice Casserole to got with just some Oven BBQ Chicken. Got it from my Aunt and its amazing she makes it every Thanksgiving.
- Tomorrow night I am making Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy over Rice & Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits.
- Also this weekend going to me making a copy cat version of Taco Bells Chicken Quesadillas.
Hope everyone enjoys the rest of there Labor Day! Here are some pics of our weekend :D!
Posted by Khloey's Mommy at 12:11 PM
Sunday, September 5, 2010
This recipe is so simple and so good.
1/2 a pack of Oreo's(Crushed, I used food processor you can use a zip-lock bag and rolling pin or other hard object)
1 box instant chocolate pudding(Prepare ahead)
Whipped Cream (Optional)
Crush cookies very fine. Prepare pudding and chill for 5 mins at least.
Layer cookies and pudding. Cookies first. Layer of pudding and so on. After layering allow to chill for a good 30 mins longer if you want to.
*By the way I used sugar free fat free pudding and it tasted just as great! Also you see I did not use whipped cream! I do not like it lol so I left it off! Got this recipe from a lady at church! If you used the whipped cream it is layered on the last layer of cookies!!
Posted by Khloey's Mommy at 4:10 PM
Friday, September 3, 2010
There is a little grill in our town that makes home fries! But they tend to not cook there potato's all the way and taste a bit bland! So I made my version!
Mamma Koehler's Home Fries
You will need:
6 Potato's of your choice Diced SMALL!
2 Large Onions Diced small
3 Tablespoons of bacon grease or you can use olive oil or butter or a mixture of both
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, & Paprika
1. Melt down bacon fat, butter, or oil. Add in Onions and saute till soft and lightly colored.
2.Add in potato's. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. Saute on high for about 1 or 2 mins. Turn to Low. Cover and let cook 10 to 15 mins or until tender and golden brown! You will need to check them occasionally and stir them so they do not burn on one side. If you have a problem browning them you potato's were too wet make sure they are drained VERY good! Even dry them with a paper towel if you want too.
Posted by Khloey's Mommy at 2:18 PM