Its Monday Yaw,
I have it has treated you all very well. It has been pretty good to me. Got some much needed cleaning done. Tomorrow is the BIG DAY, My cousin-in-law is having her 3rd baby girl! They are inducing her at 8am in the morning so before tomorrow is over Ms. Elizabeth Diane Naylor will be here! I am extremely excited because I get to be present during the birth this time. I missed it last time because I was having surgery the day she went in labor. Well its time to go start supper! Here is your Menu Plan!
Have a Blessed Week,
Rita - Momma Koehler
Menu Plan: March 7th - 13th
Monday: Chicken and Noodles (Just follow my Chicken and Pastry Recipe but use Elbow Macaroni instead of the dumplings) Veggie's
Tuesday: We will see what tomorrow brings maybe take out!
Wednesday: Baked Chicken, Potato Salad*NEW*, Steamed Cabbage*NEW*
Thursday: Roast w/ Veggies *NEW*
Friday: Homemade Pizza Night
Sunday: The Big Easy Jambalaya*NEW* or Grilled Shrimp w/ Yum Yum Pasta*NEW*\
Monday, March 7, 2011
Its Monday Yaw,
Posted by Khloey's Mommy at 4:01 PM
Friday, March 4, 2011
May not be traditional but taste great!! Serve with a side of Mexican rice mmm you gotta winner winner Spanish dinner lol!
1 Lb of Chicken; Cut in Strips
1 Tsp Paprika
1 Tsp Cumin
½ Tsp Garlic Powder
2 Tsp Goya Adobo All Purpose Seasoning
¼ Tsp Cayenne (Optional if you want a spice I leave it out)
1 Tablespoon Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1 Large Bell Pepper; Cut in Strips
1 Large Onion; Cut in Strips
Monetary Jack Cheese
4-6 Flour Tortilla’s it is really according to the amount of filling you put in to how many Quesadilla’s you actually get!
1. Season Chicken with Paprika, Cumin, Garlic, Goya Adobo, Cayenne, and Soy Sauce. Let sit the long the better! For at least 1 hours!
2. Heat a pan with a little olive oil about a tablespoon. Brown Chicken. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. In the same pan drizzle a little more olive oil if needed and saute onions and peppers until they are soft and have some color!
4. Add chicken back in and combine.
5. Place a floured Tortilla in a hot pan with a little melted butter or just spray the pan with cooking spray like I did. Sprinkle with Cheese as much as you would like, then add in some of the chicken, onion, and pepper’s mixture! Fold over and cook for 3 mins on each side!
Posted by Khloey's Mommy at 9:02 AM
1 Box Jiffy Corn Bread Mix
+ 1 Egg
+ 1/3 Cup Milk (I Used skim)
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
3 Tablespoons Sharp Cheddar Cheese (I use fat free)
3 Tablespoons Monetary Jack Cheese
3 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
2 Tablespoons Ricotta Cheese (Reduced Fat)
1. Mix dry corn bread mix with garlic powder. Add in the 1 egg and 1/3 cup of milk
2. Fold in cheese. And pour into a prepared pan. You can us muffin pan just a regular square pan like I did.
3. Bake According to package directions. It may take a little longer! Serve Warm w/ a little butter on top!
If you wanted to add some spice to this you could mince up some jalapeno’s and throw them in as well!
Posted by Khloey's Mommy at 8:49 AM
1 Lb Chicken or Streak; Cut into strips
2 Tablespoons Olive oil
1 Large Onion; Cut in Strips
1 Large Green Pepper; Cut into Strips
½ Cup Chicken or Beef Stock
1 Package of Fajita Seasoning mix; I used Taco Bell’s
Cheese; Type you want
Also you can add Tomato’s, sour cream, lettuce and all that! We decided to eat them Burrito Style lol…
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper! If you use steak season with salt, pepper and meat tenderizer according to the cut of steak you decide to use.
2. Add one tablespoon of oil to a hot pan and brown chicken. Remove and set aside.
3. In the same pan with 1 more tablespoon of oil saute onion and peppers until soft and browned.
4. To the onions and peppers add in ½ cup stock, and Fajita Seasoning Mix, Stir until well combine and fold in chicken. Serve on tortillas with the toppings of your choosing!
I done it burrito Style!
Posted by Khloey's Mommy at 8:32 AM
This is so simple but sooo good!!!
As Many Potato’s as you need ( I used small potato’s and just halved them) Make sure to wash and try them well!! After that you want to wedge an onion! Combine potato’s and onion in a bowl drizzle with olive oil just enough to coat! Season with salt, pepper, and any other seasoning you would like! Lay on a sheet tray lined with aluminum foil. Bake at 400 for 15 to 20 mins or until fork tender and browned!
Posted by Khloey's Mommy at 8:19 AM
Here is just a few things we have grilled so far!! There will definitely be more to come!!!
Corn on the Grill
Just put some corn in some aluminum foil little butter on top and season with salt and pepper! Put on the grill not over the coals off to the side! Cook for 10 to 15 mins!
Grilled Pork Chops
Season Center cut pork chops! We used Grill Mates Sweet & Smokey! Drizzle with a little Olive oil! Grill for 2 to 5 mins on each side according to the thickness ours were quarter of an inch! We seared on the hottest part of the grill for 2 mins on each side then basted with Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce for 2 more mins on each side! Turned out amazing and wanted to share with you!
* We had a Charcoal Grill and let the temp reach almost 400!*
Posted by Khloey's Mommy at 7:48 AM