BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Cream Cheese Mac & Cheese

Not sure if there is another recipe out there like this. But tonight as everyone was wanting Homemade Mac & Cheese I wanted to change it up a bit. I have known for people to put sour cream, or cottage cheese in mac and cheese so I said why not CREAM CHEESE! I have come to fall in love with cream cheese in savory dishes! Definitely give this one a try. Of course like all my recipe I use the fat free or reduced fat variety but of course you could use the full fat, this is just my preference.

Cream Cheese Mac & Cheese

Ingredients:

*8 oz elbow pasta (I use Ronzoni Smart Taste)
*3 Tablespoons Butter (Light Country Crock)
*3 Tablespoons Flour
*1 ½ Skim cups milk
*2 oz Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
*2 cups Fat Free Sharp Cheddar Cheese
*Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Cook Pasta.
2. In a saucepan melt butter and stir in flour.
3. Pour in milk and Whisk all lumps out and cook til thickened.
4. Add in Cream Cheese and Melt.
5. Add in 1 ½ cups of the sharp cheddar and Melt. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
6. Mix Cheese Sauce w/ Pasta. Pour into a sprayed casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining Cheddar cheese on top. Bake at 400 for 15 to 20 mins or until Bubbling! To Brown cheese on top turn to broil and let cook for 3 - 5 more mins or until cheese is browned to your liking!

0 comments: