Not sure about everyone else but the week has pretty much flew by to me. I feel rather chatty this morning with only a 23 month old to talk to so I thought I would blog hey why not?
Well guys & gals my baby is officially turning 2 on the 27th of January. As exciting as it is it's equally as sad. It feels like only yesterday I was buckling her into her car seat to come home from the Hospital :'(. The past 2 years have gown by in the blink of an eye. She is getting so independent and very strong willed. Basically its her way or no way at all. She loves to be bossy and people are like you think its cute now but just wait lol. Well I will just wait cause it is TOO cute when she gives you the evil eye and spits out some jibber jabber in a what she thinks is a strong voice. I thought the day I had her that I could never love her more then I did then at the moment because I didn't think there was a love stronger then that. Boy was I wrong. Its like I love her more and more by the day. I often sit and think if she will ever realize how much I love her.
Anyways, let me wipe these tears and get off the mushy stuff. I have planned her party for January 29th. Last year it snow and I had to change the date 3 times so I am keeping my fingers crossed that it does not do anything to ruin it this year. The Theme this year is Monkey. I call her monkey and its pink and green so it just fit the bill. I am not sure on what food items there will be at the moment. I am thinking little finger sandwich's and stuff like that. Any ideas comment and let me know I will take all the help I can get. Her cake of course will be a a monkey head or at least that's what I will be going for. Going to make a Rainbow cake recipe I found a few months back should be super cute. Really looking forward to celebrating just not do the reality that she is going to be TWO!
Well let me go cook breakfast! I'll be posting a recipe or two later! Plan on making a Cake today with my Kitchen Aid Mixer that my mom bought me for Christmas! Hope everyone has a great day and a Happy New Year!!!
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Posted by Khloey's Mommy at 8:00 AM
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
This is my Momma's Meatloaf recipe. So delicious.
- 2 1/2 Lbs LEAN Ground Beef
- 2 Peices of White Bread soaked in 1/3 cup milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon of salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of Steak sauce *A1*
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1 Can Tomato Soup
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 2 Table spoons flour
1. Mix together tomato soup, ketchup, and flour VERY WELL. Set aside. *The flour helps the sauce stick to the stop of the meat loaf.
2. Mix together Beef, Bread, Eggs, Salt, Pepper, Steak sauce, & Ketchup. Just till well combined do not over mix.
3. Form in loaf and spread half the sauce over. Bake for 30 mins in 375 Covered. Remove, spread remaining sauce and bake for 20-30 mins uncovered. Before removing the meatloaf turn the oven on broil to brown the top bout 7-10 mins.
Posted by Khloey's Mommy at 7:10 AM
I double this Recipe. I got it off of the Campbell's Soup website. I also added the seasoning to the rice as well as on the chicken so a little change. Also I changed the soup it called for cream of mushroom I used cream of chicken.
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1 cup water
3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
1/2 teaspoon paprika *1/4 in rice 1/4 on chicken that goes for the bellow seasoning also*
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1.Stir the soup, water, rice, paprika,salt and black pepper in a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
2.Top with the chicken. Season with additional paprika, salt and black pepper. Cover the baking dish.
3.Bake at 375°F. for 1 hour or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.
Posted by Khloey's Mommy at 6:42 AM
This Recipe comes from my mom. She taught me how to make it about 5 or 6 years ago. So simple and so Delicious.
- 2 Lb Bag of Orginal Style Meatball's(Pre-Cooked)
- 2 Cups Grape Jelly
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup yellow prepared Mustard(So taste after 1/3 cup and if you want a little more zing add more if you want more then a 1/2 cup go for it lol all to your taste)
1. Melt together Jelly & Mustard in a sauce pot.
2. Pour meatballs in crock pot.
3. Pour sauce over. Cook on Low for 4-5 hours. High for 2-3 hours.
Posted by Khloey's Mommy at 6:30 AM
Monday, December 27, 2010
Happy 2 days after Christmas Everyone,
Our Christmas was great and I hope everyone else's was as well. Downer the Christmas Dinner I made did not get documented :(. So maybe at a later date I can share those recipes. Upside the day after Christmas we got 8 inches of SNOW... IN North Carolina!!! It is beautiful outside but I am ready to see it go. We were without power yesterday for about 7 hours. Thank god we have it back now. We did go out and play in it yesterday and built a snow man but now I am just ready for it to be gown lol. Having to slip and slide everywhere is just no fun but as I said before it is a beautiful site!
4 Days til the 2011! Are you ready? What are some of your new years resolutions?
As for me I just want to worry less and enjoy life more. I am such a worry wort and I would like to put a bit of that aside this year and fully enjoy the adventures in life. Leave the ones that try to bring me down in life and surround my self with the ones that love and care for me the most. I also would like to get all of my pictures in Albums and some in flames and on the walls. There is prolly a few others but those are the ones that come to mind at this moment.
Recipes to come later today *AFTER I CLEAN*
One Dish Chicken & Rice Bake
Sweet & Sour Meatballs
Yet another menu: This is the Menu for this week...
Monday*Today*- Hubby's Choice (I think Meatloaf & Mac & Cheese)
Tuesday- Chicken & Pastry, Garden Peas
Wednesday- Smothered Baked Chicken Legs, & Rice, Green Beans
Thursday- Fried Drummer's & Homemade BBQ Sauce
Christmas w/ The Koehler's
Snow Day w/ The Koehler's
Posted by Khloey's Mommy at 1:16 PM
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
So I originally found the idea of rolling and stuffing Biscuits from the Pillsbury 2010 Calender. There recipe was for a taco mix type turn over. So I decided to use my family sauce with some additions and some cheese to make a Cheese Burger Turn Over. I would have put some onions in to brown with my Beef but of course I forget to pick some up at the Grocery Store. Boy were they good and so filling.
Before I share the recipe I would like to give you some other combination you can stuff these Biscuits with that I will be trying soon and will upload those as I try them!
1. Taco Turn Over's: Ground Beef, Taco Seasoning, Mexican Blend Cheese... Then you can top with sour cream, lettuce, & tomato's after they are baked.
2. Chili Cheese Dog: Your fav chili, Cheese, and 1/2 hot dog... Then dip in a mix of ketchup and mustard.
3. Easy Pizza Calzone: Pizza Sauce, Your Favorite Pizza Toppings, and Cheese... Serve with a salad.
4. Pilly Cheese Steak Turn Over: Steak Umms, Cooked Onions & Peppers, and Cheese.
5. Bacon Cheese Burger Turn Over: Crumbled Bacon, Ground Beef, Velveeta Cheese... Melt all that together after the Beef is browned and drained.
Cheese Burger Turn Over's
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1 Can Tomato Soup
- 1/2 Can Ketchup
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Yellow Mustard
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- Grand Biscuits
- Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
1. Roll out Biscuits Thinly
2. Brown Beef, Drain, Return to pan, Mix in Tomato soup, Ketchup and Chili Powder. Simmer for 10 to 15 mins
3. Sprinkle with Cheese. Spoon in some of the Beef mixture. Fold over crimp with a fork.
4. Bake at 375 for 8 to 15 mins keep an eye on them when they are golden Brown they are done.
Posted by Khloey's Mommy at 6:29 AM
Monday, December 20, 2010
Good Mid-Day Everyone,
I hope everyone had a great Pre-Christmas Weekend. Ours was good. Friday we done a little shopping and had supper at Ruby Tuesdays! Then Saturday I went with some Family to the Mall and we ate at a Japanese Restaurant and it was AHMAZING!
Sunday we had the Christmas Play at church it was so cute! I will post pictures of Khloey she was an angel J
5 nights & 4 Days til Christmas. I am very excited. I don’t want to rush it because it will be over in an instant but I just can’t wait til it is here lol. On the 24th the Family will be coming her for some finger foods, gift opening, and just good ole quality family time together! Then our Christmas Day will be spent at home Just me, My Mom, Josh*My Husband*, & Khloey. We will get up Start a skype call with My In-Laws and proceed with Opening gifts and such. We want them to be as much a part of Khloey’s Christmas day as possible so they get to enjoy seeing her opening her gifts as do we! After that my cooking will begin! We will eat, nap, eat, nap! J Sooooo Looking forward to it!
I am going to post another Menu Update! I think starting next month I will go back to doing a weekly Menu cause I change my mind too much to do a monthly Menu lol!
The Rest of December Menu LOL…
1. Cheese Burger Turn Over’s*New* & Corn
2. One Dish Chicken & Rice Bake*New* & Garden Peas
3. Hamburger & Potato Casserole*New*
4. Chicken Alfredo Bake*New*
5. Christmas Eve: Sweet & Sour Meatballs*NEW*, Stuffed Piggy’s in A Blanket*New*, A Sweet *Not sure what yet*
6. Christmas Day: -Breakfast/Brunch- Breakfast Pastries*New*, Dinner: Pork Loin, Ham, Giblet Gravy, Rice, Lima Beans, Yams, Spaghetti Corn Casserole, Biscuits Dessert: Lemon Cake*New*
Posted by Khloey's Mommy at 3:45 PM
Friday, December 17, 2010
I got this Recipe off of All Recipes. Me & My Daughter had a blast making these :) and I hope you will as well. This is also great for doing hand prints!!!
Christmas Ornament Dough
4 Cups of All Purpose Flour
1 Cup of Salt
1 1/2 cups VERY WARM Water
1. Preheat Oven to 300
2. Mix together All ingredients. & kneed for at least 10 mins the longer the better.
3. Roll out on a lightly Floured Surface thinly
4. Cut into shapes and use a straw to make a whole at the top for a string.
5. Bake for 30 mins. Let cool for at least 2 hours. Paint. Let dry. & Hang :)
Posted by Khloey's Mommy at 9:09 PM
Chicken Pot Pie W/ Buttermilk Biscuit Topping
- 1 Lb Skin On & Bone In Chicken (I prefer dark meat you can use white or a mix of both! Leaving the skin and bone in gives the broth more flavor)
- 2 Tablespoons Margarine
- 1 Lb Fozen Mixed Veggies
- 2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick
- 2 Cups Buttermilk
1. Boil Chicken w/ plenty of salt and pepper. Reserve Broth. Remove Chicken from bone and shred. Set aside.
2. Melt Margarine in a pot. Add in Mix Veggies, Pour enough Chicken Broth over the Veggies to cover. Boil Rapidly until almost all the liquid is evaporated *Uncovered*. Took me 20 mins. Start checking it at 10 mins.
3. Drain Veggies reserving the Liquid.
4. Mix together Soup, Chicken, Veggies, and the Reserved Liquid. *Should be about 1/4 of a cup left if more then that then just measure 1/4 cup and chunk the rest
5. Pour Chicken Mixture in Casserole dish.
6. Prepare topping, Mix together Bisquick & Buttermilk. Should be the consistency of Pancake Batter so if you need more buttermilk add more. 2 cups worked great for me.
7. Pour Topping over Chicken Mixture. Bake at 400 for 30 mins or until Golden Brown.
Posted by Khloey's Mommy at 2:18 PM