BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Philly Cheese Steak Pizza

So last night we had Philly Cheese Steak Pizza. At Food Lion a couple weeks ago they had the STEAK UM's on sale buy one get one free so we got those. I finally decided to use them. I came up with this off the top of my head. Just thought of all the ingredients on a Philly Cheese Steak and put them on top of a store bought pizza crust. So let me explain what happened. I sliced some onion and used a little over a half a box of Steak Ums at first found out at the end that was not enough so I sliced another onion and used the rest of the box. Also I would have used Bell Pepper & Mushrooms but my mom was here and she does not really like bell pepper so I left it off. My husband hates mushrooms so I sauteed them up separately and just topped them on half of the pizza. Here is the full recipe bellow.

Philly Cheese-Steak Pizza

Ingredients
- 1 Box Steak Ums; sliced
- 3 Small Onions; chopped or 1 LARGE Onion
- 1 Large Bell Pepper; chopped
- 1 Can Mushrooms; drained
- 10 1/2 Slices of American Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups to 2 cups of Italian Blend Shredded Cheese
- 1 Refrigerated Pizza Dough, such as Pillsbury

How to:
1. In a saute pan add in Steak Ums, Onions, Bell Peppers, and Mushrooms. Saute together on about medium until steak is done and onions and bell peppers are soft. Drain off excess Grease.

First Batch

Second Batch after I realized there was not enough lol


2. Roll out Pizza dough on to a sheet pan. Roll out with Rolling pin or stretch to the thickness your would like. Then I brushed mine with just a little Olive Oil next time I will NOT do that.
3. Layer Sliced Cheese on Bottom of crust.

4. Layer on Steak topping.
5. Sprinkle with Italian Blend Cheese.
6. Bake according to Package! Mine was 400 for 8 to 11 mins!


ENJOY!!!! IT was awesome!

Tips: When you slice your onions and bell pepper do them in strips but VERY thin strips! It helps them cook fast and blend better. You want them to cook in about the same time the steak will so that you don't have to over cook the steak

0 comments: