BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, March 4, 2011

Roasted Chicken Stuffed w/ Caramelized Onion Stuffing


The one thing I LOVE is a whole roasted Chicken! With this one I stuffed it! Some time's I toss some potato's and onions in some olive oil and seasonings like salt, pepper, garlic powder, and place them around the bottom of the chicken while its baking that is awesome as well!!

Ingredients:

1 Whole Chicken (Mine was about 5 pounds)
“Seasoning for chicken” *You can use what you like this is what I used*
Goya Adobo All Purpose Seasoning
Paprika
McCormick Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning
Olive Oil

Stuffing:

1 Box of Low Sodium Chicken Flavored Stuffing Mix (Such as Stove Top)
1 Large Onion
1 Tablespoon Butter

Directions:
Pre-Heat Oven to 375

1. Wash, Clean and Dry Chicken with a Paper Towel. Season with seasonings inside and out just to cover the chickens surface *DO NOT FORGER TO SEASON THE INSIDE OF YOUR CHICKEN IF YOU DO IT WILL NOT HAVE MUCH FLAVOR*
2. Prepare Stuffing according to Package Directions *Instead of the water it calls for I use homemade Chicken stock that I make with the giblets*
3. Saute onions on a medium heat in the butter until they are extremely soft and browned nicely! Fold onions into stuffing and Stuff inside turkey.
4. Drizzle Chicken with a little olive oil. Bake at 375 for 20 mins per pound! I baked my in a Roasting pan with the top on! Internal temp should me 180... I cooked my chicken 90 mins and it was perfect… If you want it extra crispy on top Remove top turn broiler on 500 and let it crisp up wont take long so keep an eye on it!

0 comments: