- 1 pound bulk pork sausage (Turkey Sausage is a great sub)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup Milk (Skim is what I used)
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Stock (Fat free/Low sodium)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of Chicken Soup (Fat free/Low Sodium)
- 2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 %)
1. Preheat your oven to 375 and butter a 2-quart casserole dish. (Use butter do not use cooking spray you need the butter flavor :))
2. Cook the sausage in a skillet until completely browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain.
3.Add the onion, and green pepper to the same skillet; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir browned sausage into onions and peppers cook 2 more mins. Pull off heat and set aside!
4. Bring the water, milk, Chicken Broth, salt & Pepper to a boil in a pot. Whisk in grits let boil for 2 mins continuously whisking so the grits do not lump. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until the grits are tender, Takes 30 minutes.
5. Add to the sausage mixture to grits. Pour in soup and 1 cup cheese mix well. Pour into casserole dish and spread evenly! Sprinkle the remaining Cheddar cheese over the Top.
6. Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese has melted, about 30 minutes.
*sound crazy but omi it crazy good*
Monday, February 7, 2011
Posted by Khloey's Mommy at 9:38 AM