It is turning out to be a very Chilly winter here in NC. The coldest I have seen in a while. We have already had a little snow, not in my town but not far from here. This week has been very cold Averaging High during the day has been 44 and 24 at night. For some that is not very cold but for NC that is frigged lol! So what better to go with all the Chilly weather but a nice bowl of Chili! This recipe is different from my other Chili recipe. Full of flavor with very little effort. Must try this one! This recipe has beans and is also sweet. If you prefer less sweetness just do 1/2 can of ketchup instead of the 1 can. If you like no beans leave those out as well it will still be delicious!!
Crock Pot Chili by Momma Koehler
- 2Lbs Ground Beef
- 1 Large Onion (Grated or Diced)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil or Butter
- 1 Large Bell Pepper (Grated or Diced)
- 3 cans Tomato Soup
- 1 can Ketchup (Fill the empty soup can with ketchup)
- 1 28oz can Diced Tomato's (Un-drained)
- 2 Tablespoons of Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoons of Paprika
- 1 Teaspoons Cumin
- 2 cans White Northern Beans
1. Brown & Drain Beef and return to pan.
2. Grate or Dice onion & bell pepper. Saute in Olive oil or butter for about 3 to 5 mins.
3. Pour into Browned Beef. Stir and let saute on low until you finish preparing the crock pot.
4. In the crock pot mix together Tomato soup, Canned tomato's, ketchup, chili powder, cumin, and paprika.
5. Add in beef, onion, and bell pepper mixture. Stir and Cook on high for 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low. 2 hours before cooking time is up add in 2 cans of white northern beans or bean of your choice.
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Posted by Khloey's Mommy at 9:19 PM