Can you believe it is only 18 Days til Christmas? How crazy is that? I am a Holiday freak lol. I am the annoying I will admit. Its all I talk about. I hear a lot of people talk about how stressful and demanding Christmas is and these people get in a very “Bah Hum Bug” type mood. Yet, I feel that Christmas is only as stressful and demanding as you make it. Some people even me at times begin to loose site of what Christmas is really about. It has nothing to do with gifts and how much money you can spend. It’s about celebrating the life of Jesus Christ. Which in turn means we are celebrating our life as well because if it wasn’t for him then we would not be here. It’s a time to sit back enjoy so sweet treats, the company of friends and family, smiles, hugs, and laughter. Christmas was never meant to cause stress or discomfort. So this season lets just enjoy it. Celebrate Jesus and Thanking him for dieing on the cross and allowing us to even be able to be here today! After all he is the reason for the season.
Last night I made Lasagna. I love love love love Lasagna but do not make ti often because of all the work I have to put into it! Well I cam of with this simple and delicious lasagna that I will never dread making again. I pulled from about 4 different recipes and came up with my own version that will please my family and myself! Using good quality store bought pasta sauce and adding a little more flavor and not having to cook the pasta before hand! Oh boy just wait til you try this! No-one will ever believe how few ingredients and how little time it took to prepare! Also healthy with the changing out full fat for reduced or no fat!
This recipe calls for onion and bell pepper. My hubby does not like the texture so I grated it with a cheese grater. Of course you can just do a small dice on it if you preferred.
Easy Peasy Lasagna
- 2lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Small onion (Diced small or Grated)
- 2 gloves garlic (minced) or ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Bell Pepper (Diced small or Grated)
- 1 26oz Can Hunt’s Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 1 26oz Can Hunt’s Meat Pasta Sauce
- 1 14oz Can Hunt’s Small Diced Tomato’s (drained)
- 1lb Lasagna Noodles
- Grated Reduced Fat Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Bag’s Low Fat Shredded Mozzarella Cheese Note: Make sure you reserve 1 ½ cups for top of casserole!
1. Brown beef w/ garlic, onions, & bell pepper. Drain. Return to pan and add in Pasta sauce’s and can tomato’s. Bring to a bubble. Turn heat to low and simmer for 30 mins.
2. Layer a little sauce on the bottom of a casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
3. Top with noodles over lapping a little.
4. Sprinkle with parm cheese (up to you how much) and mozzarella cheese.
5. More sauce. Noodles, Cheese, Sauce, and so on! Cover with foil and cook on 350 for 1hr.
6. Remove foil top with 1 ½ cup mozzarella cheese. Put back in the oven and back for an additional 15 mins!! Let stand about 10-15 mins before cutting if you can resist if not go ahead and dive in LoL!
Monday, December 6, 2010
Posted by Khloey's Mommy at 1:19 PM